Friday, April 15, 2011

Car Show Games

It's been a long week. I've been sick since Monday and am finally feeling more human but do not have much energy to travel about. I thought I'd post about a game Secret Agent Man & myself play at Car Shows. As we wander looking at Hot Rods, Rat Rods, RestoRods, Classics, and every other category you can imagine, we quiz each other. Given that money is no object, which vehicle would you most like to have? Happily, most of the time, we each say we like what we already have. But I know for myself, I long for an early 50's Studebaker. Other times, I'll spot an oddball and that will be my pick. Here are a few of "my fav's" from past car shows.

As I said, I'm a sucker for a Studebaker. But I also love this Henry J. It's not a well known or well loved car but every time I see one I'm drawn to it. An old lady I was friends with who has passed away used to tell us great stories of when she was a teenager and went out with a boy who drove a Henry J. She told me they were the first cars with reclining seats, she has great memories of dates in that car! This is a Henry J was saw in Orlando at the Groundhog Gala, one of our favorite local shows.
Another cool ride that would be a perfect Surf-Mobile is this Polaris Wagon. Aside from a touch of rust, it was in great shape. As you can see our "Car Show Game" has very little to do with the value of the vehicle but has more to do with the 'fun appeal.' And sometimes the pick is not a car at all. I have an absolute obsession with Canned Hams. Now I am not a camper in any sense of the word but I love the thought of camping in a cutie like this........ (it's even lowered, how sweet is that!)

Now those are just a few of my pics. I'm going to let you in on a dirty secret about my Secret Agent Man. He is a man of mystery and he has a secret love of one of the most useless and uncomfortable vehicles of all times - the T-Bucket. A most vilified of vehicles, even banned at some car shows.

And like me, sometimes his pick is not a car at all but other modes of transportation........


We do sometimes agree on our picks, this leads to another debate - who would get to be the driver????
Until next time, keep your tiki mugs filled and be on the look-out for The Metiki (when she's not spending her days in bed sick as a dog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment